MY ART FOR SALE

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Acrylic Painting/ A secret Technique?

One of the most  traditional acrylic painting technique is to use an under painting when acrylic painting.  

Is this a secret or an old style of painting.
I do not know but many painters do this and some don't.

I am not an artist that sticks to a consistent style but I have noticed
that using an under painting does sometimes make my paintings a little richer. The colors seem to blend into a cohesive color scheme and flow.

I usually use a dark under painting on some acrylic works.

What ever color is the darkest I will paint the whole canvas this color first.

How do I know the darkest color. I decide by the   landscape  back grounds.

Blue backgrounds such as a sky I use a dark blue or purple.

Green backgrounds such as a forest I use  dark greens.


These are some  examples. See if you can tell the under paintings.

 
The under painting in this picture was a dark blue green. 







In this painting I used a dark blue under painting.
What do you think and  what suggestions do you have about under painting? let me know.



Visit my art gallery at:stores.ebay.com/countyartloft
and belinda-lawson.fineartamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment