MY ART FOR SALE

Monday, July 22, 2013

Selling your Art at open Markets-Little Rock River Market

Well people and fellow artist , I have talked about selling your art  at craft fairs and open markets .

And let me tell you  I made a lot of money for the week of the fourth . Well  into  the four digit concept. I was successful by posting on the local swap shops, In my area. on face book.

Let me tell you how  I marketed myself .

First  I posted  one of my commercial paintings of a local football mascot and some paintings of
Themes that are very popular in kitchen decor.

Now I went to Facebook and I searched for swap shops in the four area towns , surrounding  my address.

I  invited them to come to the art or craft fair I was participating in on the Fourth of July.And I used the pictures of my popular sales on the swap shop.

I brought several of my landscape paintings , window paintings, and unmatted watercolors in plastic covers. And along with this, I brought my  business cards.

As some people were leaving early I was the last one to stay

Because my booth was booming. I had a lot of sales, but the ones that did not buy , I created a friendship.
I created this friendship with them by asking what they liked or what kind of art  theywere interested in.With this attitude I got many commissions that have been a domino effect for July.

So let me tell you the markets work. Craft fairs, art fairs, are very willing to have you set up a booth and you can make money.

Now what do you think about selling at  produce markets

Well I was out today at the Little Rock River Market.

This is  a pic of the  Little Rock River market with my family


In Little Rock my state Capitol  . On Markham street , this is the old part of Little Rock next to the river , we have a river market that sell vegetables and other produce .


Much to my surprise , we also have other artist there. They sell jewelry, woodwork , artisan basketry, and pottery. But guess what .we have artist that sell art: paintings , photography, and other stuff.
Check out theses other booths.




So guess what the fee for the booth is cheap, and the traffic flow of people is a zillion


Because the area has bars and restaurants and a water park for kids . This is a popular date night area too.




So I am going to set my booth up there in the next week and see where we go with sells


And by the way , I am going to advertise in the Little Rock swap shop on face book. Just like I did for my fourth of July art fair.




Wish me good luck , this will be an adventure.

So tell me what do you think and have you been successful with open markets.

And another thing there was a snake women up there . I am going to post a picture.

She as so stinking cool . I think I would just like to have a booth up there to be around her. Hah.

Love it!




my family and I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment