MY ART FOR SALE

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Reasons you should consider Craft Fairs in your Business Plan , as an Artist!

 




Well , you think craft fairs are not your forte  as an Artist.

Wait,  If you think that , you need to rethink your  business plan.

 Just getting started you need to  have an outlet that you can advertise and get the word out about your art business.


 You don't have to go to every craft fair every month. However, but you really need to add a few to get your business going locally .


 I usually go to maybe  3 or 4  craft fairs a year. Sometimes I miss a few. But it is a great way to make extra cash and get your art business cards out to let everyone know your are here .


 This not only gets you commissions  in the future, but getting known across the state and    in your town.  Believe me , they will be calling.

Whether they buy or not, give them your business card. and have a nice conversion with them about something you are both interested in
 

Also, run a raffle campaign on one of your paintings. Or run a discount on a specific style of painting.



Now , going to a craft  means you will have to design a booth and even maybe  sell something on the side to catch their interest.


Usually , I have on extra item that brings them into my booth besides my art.  I make  food items and package them in a mason jar with a creative tag and every one comes by. I price it very cheap so the people think they are getting a bargain.



People like bargains, and I want them to feel  like they are getting one. It will make them  believe your honest and trust worthy.



And then after that you can  pitch your art and also state that you would be honored for them to sign up on your email list.


Participating in a craft fair will also tell you what people will buy in art merchandise. What they are looking for in paintings and if you are a real entrepreneur you will monitor, tweak and adjust to be successful.



I enjoy the craft fair marketing because: 1. It puts you in the know on what is the going merchandise, 2.it gives me a chance to travel, and 3.it lets me meet new people and see new things.


I think of it as a vacation .

Even if I don't sell anything , I watch other artist  do their thing and learn from their selling scenario.



So, there is nothing that says you have to do craft fairs, but if you want to make more money and keep your strategies going, do one.




Sorry I did not get my lesson on painting a calico fall forest but it will be here soon . Still working on it. Thanks for visiting and leave some comment.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment