MY ART FOR SALE

Monday, June 3, 2013

Selling Your Art in the Summer!!

For some artist summer sales are almost extinct.

Some times artist just go into their caves(studio's) and replenish their art work.

But , if your clever and you treat your art like a business, you can come up with many resources to sell
your art.

First of all, there are all kinds of art fairs that you can participate in your area.

Look in your state, or even out of state and  see if you might be interested in marketing at art fairs.

There will be some expense such as display: tents chairs tables racks etc.

Also,  some mattes, plastic covers maybe and a whole parcel of supplies for painting an inventory.

I know of artist that participate in one or two art fairs and they make enough money to last a 1/2 year or more.


Research your fees, and the fairs will give you the stats on the amount of traffic of people that visit their fair.

Also ,  research what people are looking for in your area. 

Are you targeting the rural, urban , western, mountain or river target area?

Find out and paint some subjects of this area ,but also keep your brand.

By Brand I mean what you usually paint: landscapes, portraits, buildings, etc.

I find if I incorporate my brand of landscape painting with the target area or summer activities, I sell more paintings.

For example , I paint country landscapes, I will have a couple of paintings on hand of barns, old stores , landscapes, but I will also paint fishing paintings, bait shops,  swimming, gardening, farming and what ever I think will sell in that target area.

So keep the course and paint on , I have posted some of my paintings to give you an example of
Summer Art.









All of these paintings are on sale as prints at www.Belinda-Lawson.fineartamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment