MY ART FOR SALE

Monday, February 24, 2014

How to Get an Art Commission in One Day.

     I can tell you how to get an art commission in one day.

I have three ways to get  an art commission in one day , and I am going give you my secret.

No surprise, but you will need a photo of the artwork preferably saved on our I-phone or phone.

This should be either a novelty painting , such as a  sports Icon.

Or  a painting that you want to target to a certain person or group.

  Okay So we will be begin: This is how I  get a commission in a day.

The easiest way is to post on facebook. And not just your personal page.

Search on facebook for groups that are swap shop pages or antique or collectible pages.

You can also go to the internet to google search type in swap shops  antique and collectibles on facebook .

Find your local swap shop and  collectible pages on facebook.

  With your local swap shops ,You can post your art for sell.
 Make sure you post a photo and give the size and detail. Sample: (wrapped canvas , Acrylic, watercolor, oil,etc).
 And begin your statement  with: Selling this beautiful blah , blah or taking orders for this , blah blah.

Also at the end write: inbox me for more info.

I have sold many paintings this way on facebook. Hog paintings, horse paintings, cat paintings, and landscapes. When people see your work they also inbox you for other types of paintings.




 The Second way to sell a painting in a day is kind of quirking.

As  above, I always carry all my paintings that I want to market on my camera phone.

Sometimes When I go to a restaurant I look at the design detail.

I like to go to the restaurants that are locally owned.

I have commissioned and sold sports paintings of  local sports teams to restaurants.

I will Pick out the owner or even talk to a waitress about the restaurant.
 I greet the waitress or person and say I love your restaurant decor and I am an artist.
 I paint so and so ,like georgia bull dogs, etc.
 I would love to paint you a painting of someting to go with your decor.
And  if I have a sample of a painting they might like I will show them on my camera phone.

They usually ask me how much and  the sell takes off. I give them
Sizes and prices.

I start out at 11 X14 is this price.

16 X20 is this price

18 x 20 is this price.

I am not going to give a price because  that is up to your decretion.

Always price  your art by your financial demographics in your area.


And set a quick date to get it back. not more than a week to two weeks.


I have sold oriental paintings to oriental restaurants, Hog painting to BBQ restaurants , Alligator painting to cajun restaurants.

Just be friendly and don't over price.

The third way to get a commission is to deal with a bank , credit union or non profit organization that you are familar with.

You can use the same MO as decor or you can discuss a fundraiser painting of a local sports icon or historical landscape or etc.

A lot of times banks will have a donation or a contest to get people to open  new accounts or etc. They will use  a piece of art to  inspire people to open new accounts or take out a loan for a raffle to just have  chance to get this art work.

Let's, say, you live in Texas or somewhere on the ocean, any of these themes would be great to offer as a incentive campaign for a bank.


So, these  are the three ways to make a commission in a day.


Good luck , hope you can utilize this to your instincts in commisioning your art. let me know . Belinda Lawson







 

No comments:

Post a Comment