MY ART FOR SALE

Friday, February 21, 2014

How to be Successful in Selling Your Art.

Okay, One of the first things I have done to be succesful  in
marketing and sales is to determine one goal  and list how I am
going to accommplish it.

       When I sat down to do this , It was confusing. Yes I wanted to be a successful artist but, what kind of successful artist?

        Of course, I wanted to make lots of money but making lots of
money and being a famous artist are two different things
sometimes.

     You can make a lot of money by designing and  paintings art
work  for furnture companies, greeting cards, childrens books, adult
book covers, textile, fabrics etc.

 But you are not neccessarily famous. Hummn!

    So what kind of successful artist do you want to be.

A successful artist that everyone wants your paintings and after you die your works go for millions of dollars because your dead.

Or , A famous gallery artist of a metropolitian city.

Or maybe, a successful artist selling online.



Any of these can be done. But first you have to list your steps to begin the process.


Only one in a million of us will be like granma Moses, where the
 art dealer came by the country merchantile and bought all her
paintings, she was selling for nothing. He then  took them to His
New York Gallery and she began a following of customers   and big   success for Grandma Moses.

MAKE A LIST:


Set a goal on what type of artist you want to be and list your process.
I wanted to be a successful local artist and online artist.

So , I designated to sell art in my area and online.

I decided to get a series of art to exhibit in our local nature center, of certain species.



I am still working on them . But I plan to finish by next fall. 25 pieces.

I will present them to the gallery and see what happens.

Also I have sold art locally by art  fairs and facebook swap shops.

Online I have used Etsy and Ebay.

Working full time has slowed down my online

because I dont have the time for painting many

pieces. So the next step  is to create resell prints.


You have to set a goal and stick to it atleast  six months.
Also , realize your goals will change .
 So  when  you acomplished one goal or not ,
make another goal with a list with sequence of 
steps to obtain your goal. 

So , I hope this will help you get started and steer
you in a direction with list and goals to be
accomplished and successful.

Let me know how it goes, I am
very interested in your success



.



    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment