MY ART FOR SALE

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Seeing Art through the Presidents Library

Tuesday May the 7th I had a wonderful day. It was my birthday and my Grand daughter had a field trip with her 4th grade class to go to the Bill Clinton Library in Little Rock Arkansas. Our School is only 38 miles from the library and Little Rock, and so she asked me to go and we went on our way.

I taught class until 10:00 am and then left and met her at the Clinton Library.
This is a picture of her and her friends in front of Pres. Clintons limousine. She is the little one.

 Out side of the Clinton Library is a bridge that you can walk across  the Arkansas River what an Icon.
And I really would love to paint this.








 The library is three stories, very  architectural, in the Frank Lloyd Wright Style.



 AS we went through the Library it was very fascinating with all the political subjects and timelines of his terms.This is a mosaic done of the Arkansas Travelers . These were a group of democratic followers
that traveled with Bill Clinton's Campaign .

The Third floor had personal things given and obtained by Pres. Clinton during his life time and Presidential term.
I loved this drawing he did as a child.

 See its okay for little boys to draw guns . I am sure this is a good guy battling a bunch of bad guys.



 This was his band picture, and when he began his love for the fine arts by playing the saxophone.

 This is a picture of his college days with Hillary , Real people!!!!!!

 I found a lot of art that was given to the Clintons  during their time in the White House and I was amazed at what they chose to place in the library. I felt they really loved the arts.
Glass by Chihully


                                                   Folk Art


Designed China for the White House.



Hillary's Designer Dress

Assemblage Sculpture

And decorative art on weapons
                                            
A Paredy of the Clintons, Starry Night by Van Gogh and The Congress.


Also paintings of their cat Socks.


 I was truly amazed and impressed of the Photographic historical images.

The girls  got to sit in a replica of the cabinette room at the round table.

And then there was a moment that made me pause and reflect.
I saw three monks walking across the bridge from the 3rd floor.
One of the monks sat on the concrete for a few minutes as if he was offering a homage , something spiritual.
It hit me , how many people, people of different religions , beliefs, race etc. Bill Clinton inspired.
And is still inspiring. And I was glad he was a son of Arkansas and the United States.

All and All ,the Children had a good time.
I wonder if they really understand what Bill Clinton will mean to our country's history in time.
WOW!!


No comments:

Post a Comment