MY ART FOR SALE

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting Customers For YOur Art:III

This is the third post on Getting customers for your art:III


We have talked about websites and business cards.

Today I would like to talk about exposing you marketing abilities through  a specific venue.

One venue is the internet and Email.
Many of you sell your art personally, one -on - one , at art festivals, galleries, or by friends and family.However, some sell your art online. Selling online  will give you a great opportunity to produce a target market list of buyers by  email.
Acquiring email addresses will increase your sells  and repeat customers for your art work.

 But,if you don't have an email list you will need to get one.
If you are selling one on one . or face to face ask for an e-mail address . Always carry some kind of paper or pad to briefly write down a persons e-mail address. for those of you who are Iphone advanced you can put these in your Iphone.
 Even if you don't have a person buying  and you are in a casual conservation ask for an email address.

When you sell on the internet ,I suggest you us pay pal . The reason to use pay pal is because , buyers will have  an email address to sell or buy through pay pal.  This is mandatory.You can get thier email address when they buy from you. When they buy from you it will have this information on the pay pal transaction. You will need to send a introduction news E-mail about your  newest art and  in this email you can ask them to be listed on your email address list .

 Another way is to send your  newest art work announcement to your lastest buyer. Then in this newsletter ask them to reply back through email, if they do not want to recieve your announcement or newsletters any longer.

Having a great email list is a guarantee of sells.  Just getting an email list is  alot of work. Once you have one , its almost like having a diary. You will need to list the date, Name of buyer, what  type of painting you sold them , where they live and thier email address.


All these things will tell you when and how to get sells from paintings. An example : I just painted a series of wildflower paintings, I will go to my list and see who bought this type of painting before, I will email this customer first with a description of this lastest work, a photo, and price.This alot of times get customers to buy art work. Then the rest of my email customers, I will send   this announcement if I think thier area or interest is a target to buy this type of painting.

Also , Every once in a while , I will look at my email list and see what I have been selling   in paintings : landscapes, vintage stores, turkeys, flowers, etc. Looking at my sells will tell me what is selling lately. And I will produce a series of these paintings and email announcements to get sells.

Email, Email, Email, this is one of the most important parts of marketing strageties.  And in this day and age you have to not just be an artist , you have to be a business marketer.

I hope this has help you art sells. Leave me a comment and let me know.
 You can paint like a Renaissance master, but if you don't market yourself you won't make any money.

Look at Picasso. I'm just sayin!!!


Good luck and still more to come.

Next time I am going to tell  you what I have been selling a lot of lately in paintings.

Have Fun And Be Creative in marketing and art.!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment