MY ART FOR SALE

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What art is selling lately from My studio!!


Well artist last time we talked about seasonal art selling. 

How sometimes artist sell more art seasonally and  sells pick during the holidays.

Well believe it or not, I have lately sold a lot of landscapes.

And I don't mean just trees and roads etc. 
My sells have been of more aerial views.

Maybe people call them a panoramic view of mountains, acreage, farms etc.

I don't know if that is something everyone is experiencing
but for my marketing, this is what is working for me.

As an artist, you have to find your target market.

You have to target a group of people or a subculture
that is interested in a certain image.

Lets say cityscapes. Most people that like painting of cityscapes
live in the city or have lived in the city. You have to find these people and target them.
You have to expose yourself to the subcultures through their traffic areas.
Coffee shops, restaurants, etc. Ask to exhibit some of your art in these areas. 
Get a series of paintings and  have an exhibit in a local area where you will find your  target market.

And remember be ready with business cards with your web address.

Have a give-a -way painting with a sign up box.

Be creative, be brave, don't give up, keep making art and you will be successful.





No comments:

Post a Comment