MY ART FOR SALE

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Making Money from Art by Novelty Painting

 Okay lets face it, if you are an artist you have an ego. right? 
Come on. admit it!



 All of us have an enlarged head at one time or another.
How many times have we said to ourselves:I'll never do that.

Just to eat our words later. yeah!

 Well. we all want to paint these aesthetic paintings of wonderful masterpieces and make  trillions of dollars at it, right? 
So lets wake up and smell the coffee. 

Sometimes, we have to be realistic and do some novelty paintings to feed the hungry and I am talking about ourselves.

If you are a true artist you will do this with no hesitation, what so ever, because you will put your artistic personal twist on them.

When I talk about a novelty painting. 
I am talking about paintings of crosses, Cowgirl up. sports mascots,
anything that people hang in their house, that is a fad image at this time.

In the year 2008 the bottom of the art world fell out.

The economic fall of everything ,also effected the art world.

Let's face it, now people are more worried about paying mortgages instead of buying 5,000.00 paintings,or any paintings.

So if you are smart enough you will do what ever it takes to make money with your art as long as its legal.


In between your big sales of paintings that sit in a gallery or exhibit, you still have to pay bills.

So I suggest you get a novelty series of paintings that sell fast and quick.

For example, If you have a market of customers that like your cross paintings with a particular bible verse,there is nothing wrong with painting these and making money.

One of my backup novelty paintings are of a football mascot.

I paint the novelty mascot in my version for fans.


I have customers calling me all the time for different signs and personalized mascots. 
And I can whip these up in a couple of hours.

This sales market is so good ,in the off season I can make hundreds of dollars. And that will triple during the season.
It gets so bad that  I can get all orders until the end of the season.

So my suggestion to you is to get a novelty painting and use it to have a regular income.
 This is not a cop out of being a real artist.it is a reality check on using your artistic flair to make a living.

O yeah it a lot of work getting this market going and keeping up with orders. It also is a to of work and  trying time of painting the art you want to paint.

But you can monitor this and be successful at both and have a great career. 
So bite the bullet and your ego so you can make some money at selling art.
Good luck painting and get selling.











No comments:

Post a Comment